Friday, August 04, 2006

LIVING WITH YOUR PARENTS…..

How frustrating is it to live with your parents even when you are an independent-minded, working adult???

Extremely frustrating…….Believe me……and of all the things if you have a set of typical Indian parents……

They will keep advising you….bossing you around….make you feel guilty…..keep having unrealistic expectations…..keep interfering…..tell you what to do…tell you when to sleep…..and when to wake up…..

In short…..they will drive you nuts!!!

This is despite the fact that as compared to most the people in Mumbai…..I have a good-sized apartment and it is not very difficult to keep your distance…..just imagine the plight of most of the other people in a similar situation as mine in smaller apartments where they keep bumping into their parents every single minute!!!

Not that I dislike them or anything…..I love them and they love me….and we share a very cordial relationship…….But they will still manage to get on your nerves once in a while….and it is so very frustrating……

And of all the things….they will just make an emotional scene when you express any kind of desire to move out……

As if I don’t have enough other problems of my own that I have to deal with living with my parents……and their naggings……

I really need some spiritual base to my life to keep me calm…..and sane……

Just some of my bad karma at work presently……..

1 Comments:

Blogger jerry_mumbai said...

well....i am, hanuman.....and living with parents can be forever in india.....and is extremely common......

but thanks for your sympathies.....

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home