Saturday, August 12, 2006

KANK…….

Is all the hype surrounding the latest Karan Johar flick…Kabhi Alvida Na Kehena…..uncalled for??? Or is it justified???


As a person with extremely poor knowledge in movies……it is very wrong of me to give a review of the movie and I am not going to do so…..especially since I have not watched the movie as well……and till now had no intention of watching it…..

But....quite a few newspapers have given rave reviews and that tempts me to watch the movie……

And though I do not like the kind of movies KJ makes….and I have not watched his last two movies….(Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Gham)…..I will refrain from criticizing for the sole reason that he is one of us and hence I have a soft corner for him…..(and that hold true for Abhishek as well…who I think is still in the closet….as he gets my gaydar ticking…..)….


I do want to watch the movie ‘coz of its storyline…..a couple of extra-marital affairs…… It is about two mismatched couples (Shahrukh and Preity…..Abhishek and Rani) living in New-York….and they like each other’s spouses…….

We have had movies with extra-marital affairs being depicted before…..but somehow there hasn’t been a commercial movie for a long time….and it is time to remind the Indian audience that these things do happen….and have become common-place……

I certainly do not approve of extra-marital affairs and think that they should be considered a taboo…..but there are times when two married people do not get along and they seek for solace in the company of other people and eventually fall in love with them……

Just because they are married and Indians does not mean that they should continue their unhappy life…..and it is high time people realize that marriage is *fluid* as well and cannot be sustained at any cost………

Anyway…..I don’t know as yet whether….the couples in the movie separate or still live together and I will have to watch the movie to find out…..and once I do that I will tell you whether it was worth the Rs. 150 that I spent for it… (if that is still the ticket rate…..I haven’t seen any movie for a long time…)……

5 Comments:

Blogger Ameet said...

If you find the storyline interesting, watch "Closer".

8:59 AM  
Blogger jerry_mumbai said...

yeah ameet......thanks for the tip....have to watch KANK first....usually my plans for going to the movies never materialize.....

11:54 PM  
Blogger jerry_mumbai said...

sorry hanuman....i am not a fan of SRK......

8:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Jerry,

Get your hands off my AB Baby!

I saw him first. HE IS MINE!!!

The "Fake" Doc

12:59 PM  
Blogger jerry_mumbai said...

Alright f-cubed (the fake-doc)….AB is yours….but when you are at his one end……please be generous enough to let me have the other one!!!

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home