Wednesday, August 23, 2006

THE GAYATRI MANTRA......


Hey guys….today’s post is neither pertaining to anything remotely gay or anything about my daily routine for the day…….for two reasons:
1. Nothing new happened today…..it was a boring day and work went on as usual……
2. Suddenly out of blue I thought of *the Gayatri Mantra*…….

Most of the reader who are bound to find this kind of thing boring…..please move on……’coz it will get more and more boring as you read on……

The Gayatri Mantra is considered one of the most powerful mantras in Sanskrit literature……and the people who chant this mantra everyday 108 times are known to enhance their intellect....improve their health.....look good.....so on and so forth……..

Now this post follows one on *Vedic Astrology*….and this is a coincidence…..but….as I am not a staunch believer in any of these things….it goes without saying that I was a little skeptical of believing in the *powers* of Gayatri Mantra as well…..

But it so happened once that I was under a lot of stress…..and someone…..again coincidentally…..gave me a cassette of the Gayatri Mantra (it was very much in vogue that time)…..and I decided to give it a try….(I do always try everything before rubbishing it….)……and I used to diligently chant it 108 times…(yes, I did it)….and it did take all the stress away…..now I do not know whether it was the mantra or the fact that I meditated for 5 minutes everyday….but it did a good job and I was happy and satisfied…..

Everything that has glamour and fame attached to it comes with a controversy……and the Gayatri Mantra is no exception…..some say that it is an invocation on *Goddess Gayatri*….who is depicted as having 5 heads and 10 arms…..but some experts say that it is a mantra to appease the sun……..

Also…the recent corruption of the mantra by all these fancy singers…..has been criticized by a lot of pundits….and then they say that some people add a lot of extra *Oms* as well…….

Scientific fanatics of religion say that it helps you clear your lungs and cure asthma, bronchitis and COPD…….

Anyway….anything that makes you happy needs to be practiced…..and the Gayatri Mantra is no exception……

(of course…meditation is no substitute for men….so….so long boys….)......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home