Saturday, August 19, 2006

THINGS CHANGE…….A LOST CRUSH CRUSHED!!!

While I was driving through the market-place…..I saw this guy whom I had a crush on several years back……..

Now I have essentially lived for a large part of my life in the same place where I am presently residing…..and while I was in my early teens…….one of the several guys from my locality on whom I had a crush on included this guy……..

I knew nothing about this guy……and still do not…….I don’t know his name….what he is doing……what language he speaks….and where he lives……

The only thing I know about him is that he stays somewhere close to where I stay…..

I used to like the way he looked…..

He had a rugger’s body…..chunky….chubby….rough….and a full ass…..

But it was a crush and that’s all….I never tried to find out anything about him…..and that was not important to me either……..he was amongst those several other guys around my place I really really liked to look at…..

Today….I saw him after many many years…..and he was buying some stuff for *puja* (Hindu religious ceremony)…..flower-garlands….banana-leaves…et al……and while buying this stuff….he was haggling with the vendor…….so unsexy…….

Years have gone by……he has changed the way he looks…..I have changed the way I look at things…..and since this crush was as superficial as it can get…….it was crushed!!!

He FYI…..has put on a lot of weight……was wearing a loose t-shirt and some ugly jeans….and was carrying an bag full of vegetables…..and of all the things haggling with the vendor……so unattractive……

But he…anyway…..presuming that he has taken the oft trodden path chosen by any *good* Indian boy……must be happily married….probably had kids….and as a dutiful husband…..shopping for the forthcoming *Ganpati* festival……

(little does he know that there is a gay man who had a crush on him as a teen is observing him….and that he should have dressed well for him!!!!)

3 Comments:

Blogger Prasann said...

This has happened with me as well. But the opposite situation is even better. I came across one of my teenage crushes on Orkut. Looking at his recent pictures made my heart race. Sadly, he is married and has kids.

2:09 PM  
Blogger sparkling-river said...

Good that you are glad you dont love this guy anymore...certain assumptions clear with time.

4:38 PM  
Blogger jerry_mumbai said...

Sad……prasann…..but no one will incriminate you for fantasizing about him…..

And river…….it was an infatuation and not love…….and what assumptions???

Oh yes…hanuman….I certainly would’ve!!!

10:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home