Wednesday, August 23, 2006

VEDIC ASTROLOGY……….


Vedic Astrology……..such a time-waster…….

I am going through a bad phase in life (and a lot of my posts do reflect that)…….and like most of the Hindu-folk would do……I decided to take a look at my star predictions with the hope of foreseeing my future……

Now I really do not believe in astrology an all that bullshit……and when I say “I don’t believe in it” ….I really don’t….

So why did I spend an entire free morning browsing through all the useless stuff available over the internet…..I do not have a straight,,,convincing answer for that……



It was probably because being raised as a Hindu…and having god-fearing people around me……and having my own vedic horoscope made from the time I can remember…..it was a kind of reassurance that there are good things yet in store for me…..and that this bad phase is temporary and will pass away……

I think it also excuses us……or gives us a certain concession……and helps us shy away from the responsibility of our actions…..and that’s what I was looking for…..maybe……

But the number of sites available for this vedic astrology thingy are amazing……and it did make me feel good….thinking that I will not have to go through this crap throughout my life…..(apparently……I will have a *golden phase* starting in my 32nd year of life…..I am 30 now….so 2 more years to be *Midas*….great)…..



There are so many different sites and there are so many things that they predict that at the end of it you have got all the possible gunas and all the possible doshas……and some planets will make you rich….some poor……some healthy….some sick….et al…..and if any damn thing happens to you…the astrologer can always say….didn’t I tell you…….

And for all you believers……with so much of population…..there are so many people born on the same date……at the same time…at the same place…..so are they going to have an exactly identical life???? ….and what about identical twins???......

What a load of crap….this stuff is….still it amazes the believers……and grapples the attention of non-believers……


Anyways…..of other things….why is it that every time I pick up the phone at home….the caller at the other end has to open the conversation with……..arre aaj tu atta ghari kasa???…….how come you are home today at this time???......as if I have to work 24/7 and can never be at home……..

5 Comments:

Blogger Ameet said...

I think you're missing the point of astrology. It doesn't tell you what's going to happen. It tells you what is *likely* to happen.The universe is governed by probability. Nothing is certain (as modern science has proven). I believe astral forces are just one of the many influences on life. Your actions, and the actions of those around you ultimately have a much bigger influence.

5:06 AM  
Blogger jerry_mumbai said...

true....ameet.....in the universe everything is governed by probability........but as i mentioned in my post....if you read your full kundali....usually.....it predicts.....contraditions all the time.....(like mercury will make you rich and saturn will make you poor......so will i be a rich man or a beggar???).....and yes of course....actions will determine the course of your life......but honestly.....despite this post et al.....a part of me still would like to believe in astrology!!!

10:49 AM  
Blogger That Girl said...

youre right...after reading all of this.. i dont beleive it even more....if we cant look at our life and see the so called probability in it ourselves after all that we have done and are capable of doing....then we must be nitwits...

hi:D first time here

12:06 PM  
Blogger Lil Mizfit said...

hmmm..i personally believe in astrology but i don't follow it blindly.

there are so many factors that shape a persons life that to say that 2 ppl born on the same day shud have same/similar lives is not correct. it'd difficult to explain this science in a few words or in limited time.
in fact, even the parent's horoscope matters when doing an indepth study on the birth chart.

eg: my horoscope says that i would be the reson behind my mothers death. my mother's horoscope has a strong planets that protect her from me. so over all analysis shows that instead, her planet has changed the way mine would interact and infact, i would end up taking care of her whether i want to or not.

u might think of it as silly and perhaps you would find scientific reasons on why and hows of astrology and why it does not wrk but i've seen and experienced some pretty remarkable things to disregard it casually.

1:34 PM  
Blogger jerry_mumbai said...

hey grafxgurl....nice blog and nice photographs.....thanks for dropping by......

and Ms. Fit......i kinda do agree with you....someone with a deep and profound knowledge in astrology will be the best choice to read the patrikas.....but such people are a rare find.....and as i said.....no matter what i say......a part of me still would like to believe in astrology!!!

3:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home