Sunday, June 18, 2006

Hanuman Bhakts........


Before I start writing anything…..let me apologize….just in case I hurt anyone’s religious feelings…..as I have never intended to…….and this is especially for my good friend.....Hanuman….whose blog I religiously read…….and I know that he is an ardent Hanuman Bhakt!!!

I know this post could become very controversial….but had to write it……

I was just passing by this small Hanuman temple today.....(Hanuman is the Monkey-god in Indian mythology and also one of my favourites....).... and saw this really hot guy sitting by the temple steps……he did look like a devotee and this reminded me of the gym-receptionist….who also happens to be sexy…..and is always engrossed in writing some religious chants….of who else but God Hanuman!!!

And that gets me to think…….this sect of people who pray to Hanuman preferentially….. (Hindus have 33 million Gods!!! And people are free to choose whom to pray and how many Gods to pray to)……..is it inclined towards Homosexuality???

Forgive me if this post is blasphemous….but I am a Hindu myself and I am writing this out of rational thinking…….and being a true Hindu……..I know how accommodating Hinduism is and how free ideas are always accepted……and I am taking that advantage now……

Think about it……

Hanuman Bhakti Sects…..advocate…..
1. Not getting married……bachelors for life……Bramhacharis…..
2. It is *Men-Only* sect and women are not allowed….
3. Regular physical exercises called *varjish*…..
4. The sport of *Kushti*………
They have *Akhadas* or wrestling rings where they have traditional Indian wrestling bouts……and anyone who has seen traditional Indian wrestling will know how homo-erotic it is……..they change together……they were smallest of the loin-cloths available called *langoti*…….and there is a lot of body contact……and I think it is the most erotic form of wrestling the world over!!!!

How Gay is all that???? It’s the life-style of a single gay man who loves to go to the gym to look good…..wants a legitimate reason to hang out with other men…..and loves erotic wrestling!!!

So was this form of worship…..or the distinct regulations for the believers…..an invention of someone who was gay and was living in an essentially sexually repressed India….or it was the smart ancient Indian way of integrating gay men into the society without ostracizing them????

If you look into the way ancient Indians lived…the second reason……. (the smart ancient Indian way of integrating gay men into the society without ostracizing them)….seems to be logical as these Indians who lived thousands of years back were very open-minded and intelligent……

So what was it really….some food for thought…….



5 Comments:

Blogger VJ said...

I too had such thoughts about Hanuman devotees but never aired it for the fear of sacrilege. One spiritual thought about hanuman... Through devotion, even a monkey can become a God!!

10:40 AM  
Blogger Vivek Tejuja said...

I totally agree with you Jerry. I to a large extent think that even Shiva and Krishna for that matter were not devoid of lust towards men. May be it was ok then and it isn't now? I wonder why though.

5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hehehe... any brickbats yet? nooo?
lol
mmmm.. well, consider it an awful admission, but there was this huge hanuman calender at my grandparents home, and i used to think the god drawn ther, with the sexy pecs and the great abs was soooooo sexy! turned me on everytime, looking at the erect tits. hehehe.. *shamefaced grin*

9:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey it never occured to me, but its true. Don't you worry about hurting religeous sediments, but don't even try to suggest this to the BJP or VHP, they might banished you to Gujarat where Narendra Modi is waiting to burn you alive.

and those are very good pictures.

9:49 PM  
Blogger jerry_mumbai said...

great to know that all you guys agree with me.....every time i used to pass any hanuman temple i used to wonder about it.....but could not express it....this blog is the perfect medium for that and now i know.....i am not the only one.....there are people like me and who think like me as well!!!

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home