Wednesday, September 13, 2006

DISGUSTED…..BUT AM I DESERVING ENOUGH ???

I was just watching the television……and it was showing Yakub Memon’s interview…….

13 long, long years later…..the case came to trial…..and Yakub, Essa, Rubeena and Yusuf Memon were found guilty of the act of terrorism……THE 1993 MUMBAI BLASTS……

As a true Indian……and especially as a true Mumbaikar…….the 1993 blasts…..left me with a feeling of being cheated by *own* people……..and made me very, very angry and totally outraged……..

These bunch of people went all the way to Pakistan……got themselves trained……and then came back…..and carried out the most cowardly act of terrorism…….

And one of the main accused, Tiger Memon, is still at large…..and is believed to be in Pakistan…….

And in *Mera Bharat Mahan*….it takes full 13 years to bring the accused to trail and call them guilty…….and then too no punishment has been announced…….and for killing more than 250 people…….(a very, very conservative estimate)……and destroying property worth billions…..and implanting fear in thousands and thousands of residents………

How pathetic the legal system of the *Biggest Democracy* is…….and I am sure quite a few people wouldn’t be surprised if the guilty pronounced are not given a death penalty……..

But what about a regular citizen like me......am I deserving enough to criticize the judiciary???.... What have I done about it???..... Have I voiced my concern???..... Or have I got a better solution to deal with these criminals???...

If any of the guilty…….like for e.g.…….Yakub……were to suddenly leap out of the TV…..and stand in front of me…….what will I do???

I dunno what I would do…..but I know it for a fact that though I am very, very angry on them……I wouldn’t kill him…….

Is it because I am not tuned to kill someone or I am not that kind of person ???

Or is it because since neither me nor any one I know was directly affected……I am not angry enough to want to kill him ???

And if the second reason is true……..Again....am I deserving enough to be disgusted ???

1 Comments:

Blogger Nishant Kumar said...

for terror and peace see http://nkumar48.blogspot.com

11:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home